Airfoil – 6″ and 9” blade widths: The aerodynamic design directs wind and water out and away from the building and is able to span up to widths of 96” unspliced or 149” spliced.
• Minimize solar heat gain through efficient shade factor design
• Reduce cooling costs and energy use
• Credits available for LEED projects
• Detachable mounting bracket designed to allow reglazing
• 6” and 9” blade widths available
• Finishes to match or contrast with curtainwall framing
• Distinctive architectural design
ACDI – Benton, AR
Large Horizontal Airfoils – 6” and 9” blade widths: This model has a two-piece bracket that can be used with Tubelite storefront and curtainwall products. The aerodynamic design directs wind and water out and away from the building and is able to span up to widths of up to 96” unspliced or 149” spliced.
Effectively reduce Solar Heat Gain by shading vision glass areas of the building envelope with Tubelite’s MaxBlock Sun Shades. Cooling costs can be significantly lowered while still allowing natural light to fill the workspace.
MaxBlock Sun Shades are designed for use with Tubelite 400 Series Curtainwall or the Tubelite Storefront product lines.
LEED Program points are available for reducing building energy costs for cooling while supplementing interior lighting (Energy & Atmosphere Credit 1, 1-10 Points).
Estimate the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient on the glass by geography using our convenient tables. See Tubelite’s technical data in the full product information binder.